Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm 25% French, 75% English but 100% Australian! I try to make the most of life and have as much fun as possible. Hoping to become a beauty therapist within the next year and I love chocolate!

Thursday 9 May 2013

My Top 5 Nail Polishes

Hello People! (is there anyone there?? please let me know in the comments, i really don't know if anyone does read my posts.. :( )

Last night I decided I didn't want to wear the nail polish "You Only Live Twice" from the Skyfall Collection by OPI so I took it off my nails and sat at my make up trolley and tried to decide which to wear next. I literally sat there for a good 5 minutes trying to decide which colour to put on...

While I was umming and aahhing about which colour to choose, I thought to myself "hmmm I love a lot of these colours, I should pick my top 5 and write a blog post!" So here is that blog post.

I would never be able to choose my number one favourite so I'm not listing the colours in any particular order. Here they are:


Left to right: You're Such a Budapest by OPI, Pure Pearlfection by essie, Teenage Dream by OPI, an unnamed colour by KIKO make up milano and Bag a Bachelor by nails inc. london for Cleo. 

I've only recently bought You're Such a Budapest but I absolutely LOVE it. You only need to use 2 coats of it and it stays on for soooo long (I've had it on my toe nails for about 3 weeks and it hasn't even chipped!). 


I bought Pure Pearlfection about a year ago and love the colour and all but you need about 3-4 coats on your nails for it to show the actual colour. After it is on though, it stays on for a good couple of days without chipping. It is also a really good colour to put on top of a solid colour to add some glitter and shine.


When I was in Fiji at the start of 2012 I went to the spa at the resort and got a manicure with this colour. I loved it so much that I bought it at Duty Free at the airport on the way back home. Like the other OPI nail polish, you only need 2 coats and this is also another colour that stays put, possibly a bit too much. It's like all other glitter nail polishes where you have to soak a cotton pad in nail polish remover and scrub quiet hard to get it off. 

The orange nail polish by KIKO was given to me by my french exchange student last year and she also gave me a pink, blue, red, silver and metallic coloured ones. The quality of this nail polish is absolutely amazing and the orange is such a good colour when on your nails. I've found that with some orange nail polishes, they seem to kind of "blend" in with my skin tone and it just looks weird but this orange is a shade that you can see well and it's lovely to wear during the summer with other bright colours. 

Lastly, but certainly not the least, is the Bag a Bachelor. I actually received this nail polish with a magazine and for a nail polish that is given to you like that, it is really good quality! It dries super quickly after about 2-3 coats depending on how dark you want the shade of pink to be, and it doesn't peel off easily if you chip any of your nails. This shade is perfect for spring and summer and I loved to wear dresses and skirts with it because it reminds me of being a ballerina :D

Thanks so much for reading this, if you have made it this far! I would love to hear some feedback if you have read this, and until next time, be sure to add a spark of glitter into your life 

No comments:

Post a Comment