Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm 25% French, 75% English but 100% Australian! I try to make the most of life and have as much fun as possible. Hoping to become a beauty therapist within the next year and I love chocolate!

Friday 24 May 2013

How to Organise/Declutter Your Wardrobe

Does your wardrobe have clothes on the floor and scattered around? You can't find most things easily and everything is creased? Here are your top steps for decluttering and organising your wardrobe!

Step 1: Pull EVERYTHING (and I mean absolutely every single item of clothing you own) out of your wardrobe and onto your floor or bed or even a table/desk. Start making piles of each thing (eg: jeans, shorts, long sleeve tops, skirts, singlets, coats etc) and fold them neatly.

Step 2: Go through each pile, think to yourself if you have worn the item of clothing in the past year or if it even fits anymore. If you haven't worn it or doesn't fit, put it into a new pile that will will either donate the clothes or throw them out if they are super worn out.

Step 3: If it's winter hang up all of your coats, cardigans, long sleeve and short sleeve tops and winter dresses and skirts with the coat hangers that are velvet. And if it's summer then hang up your singlets, tops, dresses and skirts! If the hangers are plastic or metal the clothes will easily fall off and create the mess! The velvet hangers are also very thin so you will end up with more hanging space. 



Step 4: I prefer to fold up my jeans and shorts and put them in my shelves so they are easy to pull out and put on. Everything that I put in my shelves, I like to put them in fabric boxes like this one:


Step 5: Get some of those vacuum sealing plastic bags so you can put your current non-season clothing in and put at the top or the back of your wardrobe to save space and when you open the bag back up, the majority of your clothes won't be too creased, or even creased at all!

Step 6: For hanging clothes, I put everything into sections of what type of clothing they are and then in colour order so it is really easy to find!

Thanks for reading this if you have!



No comments:

Post a Comment